- 2 cups fresh blueberries (or 300g/10 oz frozen blueberries)
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. water
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped (almonds or walnuts are also great)
- Mix all ingredients for the filling and distribute evenly in a 9×9 or 1.5L dish.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix flour, oatmeal, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Add margarine using a pastry cutter and mix well.
- Spread crumb mixture over fruit filling and bake for about 30 minutes, but watch it to make sure the top doesn’t burn.