OH MY!!! So very good.
1/2 cup pitted dates
1/4 cup oats
1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked for 4 hours and then drained)
1/4 coconut milk
2 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
3 limes (1/4 cup juice and 1 tsp zest)
1/4 cup maple syrup
pinch of salt
Line 5 muffins tins with paper liners.
In a processor blend dates until you are able to form a ball with it. Add in oats and flaxseed, pulse until combined Add coconut oil 1 tsp at a time if needed to make a stickier/wetter crust.
Distribute date crust mixture evenly among paper liners. Use clean fingers to press the mixture into each liner. Place in freezer to firm up while making filling.
Add all the ingredients to the processor and process until smooth. Add more maple syrup if needed.
Take muffin tins out of the freezer. Pour filling into each of the liners. Garnish with lime zest. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and place back in the freezer Freeze until solid.
Remove from the freezer for 10 minutes to thaw before serving.
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Found another great recipe site. Cookingquinoa.net I had to make a few changes to make this dish vegan but WOW it sure turned out great.
- 2 'ener G' egg replacement
- 1 ¼ silken tofu
- ¾ cup veganaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 – ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 yellow onion, chopped fine
- 6 ounces chopped baby spinach
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 14.5 ounces water packed artichokes, chopped
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with olive oil.
- In a blender, mix together the first 7 ingredients.
- Spray a skillet with olive oil. Add onion and cook for 8 minutes. Add garlic and spinach and cook until spinach is wilted. Add artichokes and quinoa and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add to the tofu mixture. Stir well and transfer to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 30 minutes longer. Serve warm.