And they are crispy! Oh my!
2 tbsp. rice flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup gluten free bread crumbs
Ener G Egg Replacement to equal 2 eggs
2 avocados, sliced
Turn on broiler. Dredge avocado pieces in flour, then dip in 'egg mixture' then roll in the bread crumbs. Place on greased cookie sheet. Spray olive oil over the slices. Broil for 5 minutes, flip and broil for 2 more minutes.
Serve immediately. When I make them again I will add some spice (cayenne) to the flour mixture.
Sunday, April 12, 2015
Oh I am thrilled that there are people who come up with these incredible recipes. The dressing is amazing!!! WOW.
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 15 oz. can of black-eyed peas, rinsed
- ¼ cup your favorite vegan BBQ sauce
- 1 large bunch of kale, torn off of the ribs into bite-sized pieces
- Drizzle of olive oil
- ¼ cup roasted pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
Smoky Ranch Dressing
- ½ cup raw cashews
- Hot water
- ⅓ cup soy milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. chopped white onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In one bowl toss the chopped sweet potato with the 2 teaspoons of oil, salt and pepper; then spread it out into a single layer on half of the baking sheet.
- In another bowl, stir the black-eyed peas and BBQ sauce together, then spread the mixture out on the other half of the baking sheet.
- Once the oven is to temperature, place the baking sheet inside and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are fork-tender.
- While that is roasting, stir together the soy milk and vinegar to create a "buttermilk" mixture, in a small bowl.
- Then cover the raw cashews with very hot water and soak them for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse the cashews and place them in a blender, along with the rest of the dressing ingredients, including the "buttermilk". Blend until very smooth.
- Once the dressing is made, set it aside and place the torn kale pieces into a bowl with a light drizzle of oil. Massage the kale for a minute, and divide it between four salad bowls.
- When the black-eyed peas and sweet potatoes are done in the oven, divide each mixture between the four bowls, starting with the black-eyed peas. Next, drizzle the desired amount of dressing on top, then sprinkle a tablespoon of roasted pepitas on each salad.
- Serve immediately.
Monday, April 6, 2015
Saturday, April 4, 2015
Comfort food! I love how my house smells so good. Easy to put together with ingredients you will most likely have on hand.
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots, sliced
- 1 1/2 sliced celery stalks
- half of a large white onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 1/2 cups potato (1/2 inch cubes)
- 6 cups veggy broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- handful of rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1. Prepare all of your veggies and set aside.
2. Add the veggy broth to a large pot, bring to a boil. Add all of the rest of the ingredients except the pasta. Stir well and bring back to a boil. Once boiling, immediately turn to the lowest heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
3. Add the pasta and bring back to a boil. Once boiling, leave the lid off and turn the heat to medium-high and cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until the pasta is tender, but still firm. Turn off the heat. . Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and black pepper, if desired.