Thursday, September 27, 2012
Almond Ginger Nori Snacks
1 1/2 cups almonds (dry)
2 medium carrots, chopped into 1 inch pieces
1/2 medium zucchini, chopped into 1 inch pieces
1 tbsp tamari
1 scant tbsp minced ginger
3-4 sheets nori
1. Grind dry nuts in a food processor fitted with the S blade till the mixture is ground into a fine meal.
2. Add the ginger, tamari, carrots and zucchini. Pulse until the veggies have broken down into small pieces (about the size of rice).
3. Now, let the motor run, and add water in a thin stream just until the mixture is spreadable, but not watery. It should be comparable to hummus or any other nut pate.
4. Cut a sheet of nori in half. Spread each half with about 1/4 cup almond mixture. Using a knife or spatula, spread the pate in a thin, even layer over the nori.
5. Beginning at the long end of the sheet, roll the nori carefully up to make a roll. Seal edges with a bit of water.
6. Keep working with all of the nori, until you’ve got about 6 or 8 rolls. Cut each into 4-5 pieces and place in a dehydrator at 115 degrees for 6-8 hours, or overnight. Store in fridge.
This recipe is from the website: CHOOSING RAW