- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (I’m sure other flours would work!)
- 1/4 cup regular oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4-1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots, packed
- 1/4 cup raisins, soaked in water overnight
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, warmed for about 25 seconds in microwave
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Directions: Preheat oven to 350F and line 1 baking sheet with parchment or a non-stick mat. Mix together the first 8 ingredients. In a small bowl mix the maple syrup, softened coconut oil, vanilla, and freshly grated ginger. Add this to the mixture and stir until combined.
Drop about 1 heaping tablespoon of dough onto lined baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Shape into a ball with hands. Bake for about 12 minutes and cool for 10 minutes on a baking rack. I put the dough in a mini muffin pan.
Yield: 15 bite-sized cookies.
Nutritional info: (per cookie): 54kcals, 2 grams fat, 8 grams carbs, 1 gram fibre, 1 gram protein, 5 grams sugar.