Very creamy and delicious!!!
- 3.5 cups butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Tumeric powder
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4.5 cups dry pasta, I used brown rice spirals
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet. In a bowl, season chopped squash with some oil (~1 tsp) and kosher salt (couple pinches) and stir. Add to baking sheet and roast in oven for 40 minutes, flipping once half way through baking.
2. Assemble your cheeze sauce ingredients (cashews, non-dairy milk, garlic, lemon, salt, nutritional yeast, pepper, mustard, seasonings) Process until smooth. Leave the sauce in the processor as you will be adding the squash.
3. Cook your pasta according to package directions. When squash is finished roasting, add it to the food processor and blend it with the cheese sauce until smooth. Adjust to taste. The sauce will thicken up with time. If at any point the sauce becomes too thick, you can add a bit of milk to thin it out.
4. Drain and rinse pasta with cold water. Now add the pasta back into the same pot and add your desired amount of cheeze sauce on top. Stir well. I add steamed kale you can substitute any veggy or use no veggies.