I found this recipe on the PETA website....It is so creamy and delicious. WOW.
Creamy Baked Artichoke Dip
Approx. 6 in. French bread
1/4 cup raw cashews, optional
1/2 cup cooked red or Yukon gold potatoes, packed
2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. plus 1-2 pinches sea salt
2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
2-3 pinches freshly ground black pepper
1 cup nondairy milk (soy milk is best for creaminess)
3 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
3 Tbsp. fresh, flat-leaf parsley
1 14-oz can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and lightly squeezed
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
4 cups fresh spinach
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Add the French bread to the food processor in small, broken pieces and pulse until you have large crumbs. Set aside.
- Place the cashews in a food processor and blend until finely ground. Scrape down the sides of the processor bowl and add the potatoes, lemon juice, vinegar, and garlic, 1 teaspoonful of the salt, the nutritional yeast, and the pepper. Pulse a few times. Add 1/4 cup nondairy milk and purée until smooth. Add the remaining milk, 3 tablespoonfuls of the oil, and the parsley. Purée until very smooth and well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl when necessary.
- Add the artichoke, basil, and spinach and pulse lightly to incorporate the ingredients while retaining a slightly chunky consistency.
- Pour into a medium-size baking dish. (A 24- to 32-ounce dish works well.)
- Add 1/2 tablespoonful of oil and 1 to 2 pinches of salt to the bowl of breadcrumbs. Mix well and sprinkle evenly over the dip. I added a bit of Daiya cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for about 5 minutes before serving.