Monday, December 27, 2010

Salad with Sesame Orange Dressing and Sugar Roasted Pecans

The tahini makes this dressing creamy and I love the flavour the sesame oil gives. Great over a salad to accompany sushi. I love adding the Sugar Roasted Pecans to my salad...if there are any left...so good.

Sesame Orange Salad Dressing
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 tahini
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1/8 tsp cayenne
Combine all ingredients  until well blended. I use my handy dandy Herb N' Serve dressing maker.



 Sugar Roasted Pecans
1/8 cup sugar
1/8 cup water
Handful of Pecans
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. In a sacue pan bring the sugar and water to a boil. Add the pecans and stir. Turn down the temperature to medium. Continue cooking until all the sugar water is evaporated. Sprinkle the pecans on parchment paper on baking sheet. Bake for 5 - 10 minutes, careful not to burn. Let cool and crumble on salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment