WOW! This tastes amazing. It comes from Cara of Fork & Beans. Can't wait to try more of her recipes.
Cranberry Walnut Vegan Cheese Ball
Author: Cara of Fork & Beans
Recipe type: Appetizer
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 c. raw cashews, soaked 2+ hours, drained
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. white wine
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ⅓ c. dried cranberries, chopped
- ¾ c. walnuts, chopped
- 2 pieces of plastic wrap
- 1 bowl
- Place the cashews, coconut oil, wine, lemon juice and salt into a high-speed blender and begin to mix until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time if it is too thick to blend. You shouldn’t need more than 2 Tbsp. of water most likely.
- Add the cranberries and only ¼ c. of the walnuts to roughly blend for a couple of seconds.
- Line a bowl with plastic wrap as pictured above and spoon the cheese sauce inside. Wrap the top up securely and place in the freezer for 1 hours until it begins to set.
- Take the cheese out of the plastic wrap and in a shallow bowl place the remaining ½ c. chopped walnuts in and gently roll the cheese ball around until it is completely covered in walnuts. Wrap in a clean piece of plastic wrap, placing it back in the bowl and into the freezer for another hour.