Monday, June 1, 2015

Sunflower Zucchini Bread

Oh yes I did!
It tastes so good warm out of the oven. Wasn't sure about adding the sunflower seeds but oh YUM!

1/2 cup of softened coconut oil
1 cup of sugar (yes I used white sugar, I don't usually but.....)
2 cups of grated zucchini
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract (because why would anyone use artificial?)
2 cups all purpose flour (yes the white stuff, I was shocked I even had this in my house)
2 tsps. baking powder
2 tsps. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sunflower seeds (always use raw seeds and nuts)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a loaf pan. Mix together the oil, sugar, zucchini, milk and vanilla. Mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir the wet  mixture into the dry mixture. Blend well. Mix in the sunflower seeds. Transfer batter into loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes, cover with foil and bake 10 more minutes. Cool for 30 minutes before slicing...if you can wait...I couldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment