Love this recipe. All my favourites: fresh Kale and Tomatoes from my mom's garden, yams, and tahini. So easy to put together especially with my food processor. THANK you to my daughters who bought me this food processor almost a year ago. It is awesome.
I got this recipe from a site I found online called Rainbow Nourishment...check them out!
1 large Yam, peeled, chopped and boiled until cooked
1/2 cup flour, I use a gluten free blend
2 tbsp. chia seeds
1/2 tsp baking powder
Tomato Pizza Sauce
2 large tomatoes chopped
1/2 can tomato paste
1 clove garlic
Cook all these ingredients, then with immersible blender, blend until smooth
Ricotta and Kale Quiche Filling
150 g firm tofu
2 handfuls kale
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 nutritional yeast
salt and pepper to taste
Blend all ingredients until smooth, add more milk if needed
Vegetables: I used eggplant and red pepper, roast in 400f oven until done
2 tbsp. tahini
2 tbsp. water
2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a pie plate with parchment paper.
2. In a food processer, blend all ingredients for crust until smooth.
3. Spread crust on bottom and sides of pie plate. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. Tomato/pizza crust - boil ingredients and simmer until sauce like consistency. I used my immersible blender to make smooth.
5. Ricotta - blend all ingredients in food processor until smooth and it forms a paste like consistency. Add more milk if needed.
6. Prepare/roast veggies
7. To assemble pizza, on baked crust spread tomato sauce, then ricotta, then vegetables.
8. Bake for 45 minutes or until the crust starts to come away from the sides of the pan
9. Meanwhile make the cheese sauce by mixing all ingredients until smooth.
10. Remove pizza when done, drizzle with cheese sauce