YUMMY and Wendy liked it too!!!
coconut oil for frying
1 large leek, chopped into small pieces
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
20 mushrooms, washed and sliced
1 thick celery stick, chopped
1 cup cashew nuts – process with 2 cups water
1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp vegetable bouillon
salt to taste
- First fry your leeks and celery in the oil in a large saucepan for a couple of minutes or so, until slightly transparent.
- Then stir in the mushrooms and garlic, and lower the heat. Stirring every minute or so, until the mushrooms yield their juices.
- Next, add the remaining ingredients, except for the cashew cream.
- Make sure your veggies are totally cooked, then add your cream a little at a time.
- Keep a low heat setting, allow the filling to thicken a little, and then add the remaining cream – again allowing it to simmer until it thickens.
- Taste for salt, then allow your filling to cool down. Meanwhile go and roll out your dough on a clean surface.
- Use one medium sized dish if and grease your dish roll out your pastry, and place the pastry in (leaving enough dough for the lids).
- Add in the filling on top, then cut the remaining dough to size to fit on top – any extra pastry can be put on the surface as a decoration. Then brush on some soy milk.
- Place in a preheated 350ºF (180ºC) oven until golden – for 20 minutes or so. Keep an eye on them – when they turn golden, they are ready