Sunday, July 25, 2010

"CHEESE CAKE" never tasted so good! with strawberry sauce

WOW I'm in heaven...this is amazing

1 1/2 cups vegan graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup earth balance margarine, melted
2 (8oz) containers vegan cream cheese, room temperature
1 (12oz) pkg firm silken tofu
1 cup sugar (I know, I don't use sugar any more but I did in this recipe, next time I will substitute with agave or sucanut but I wanted to see how it turned out following the recipe first.)
1 tbsp cornstarch (I used arrow root b/c that's what I had)
2 tsp pure YES pure not artificial stuff, vanilla extract

Preheat the o en to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 inch spring form pan. Place the crumbs in the bottom of the pan,add the margarine, and mix with a fork until blended. Press the crumb mixture into bottom and sides of pan and set aside.
In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, tofu, and blend until smooth. Add the sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla and blend until very creamy.
Pour the filling into the prepared crust and bake for 45 minutes. Turn off oven and leave inside for another 10 minutes.
When done, edges should be golden and starting to pull away from sides of pan and centre should be set.
Remove from oven and cool at room temperature for 1 hour, then refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.

Strawberry Sauce
2 cups thinly sliced hulled strawberries
1 tbsp sugar

In a medium bowl, combine the strawberries and sugar, stirring gently to combine. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes to allow juices to form.

No comments:

Post a Comment