Sunday, July 25, 2010

Potato Salad with home made vegan mayo

I don't measure when I am creating recipes on my own. I usually use the items I have in stock. So for my potato salad I used fingerling potatoes that I roasted with a bit of oil and salt and pepper. When cool I cut them up a bit, added Yves fake bacon. I tried to find tempeh bacon but couldn't, Add a few slices of the yves bacon that I cut up, some celery, some green onions, a tiny squirt of yellow mustard and a whole bunch of my home made mayo. Oh and some salt and pepper. It is in the fridge now and when cool I will taste and adjust.
IT TASTES AWESOME, PERFECT and oh so YUMMY.

Vegan Mayo
Blend all these ingredients together , taste and adjust seasoning. Then stick in the fridge. This should last about 5 days.
1 (12oz) pkg silken tofu, drained
2 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp dijon mustard
a big squirt of agave nectar (or 1 tsp sugar)
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp turmeric
1/8 tsp cayenne

even though I like veganaise better, this is not bad at all, way cheaper and very very easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment