Monday, January 2, 2012

Miso Sauce

Wow. This sauce is amazing I could eat it straight. I used it in 2 different dishes. In the first one I fried up some onions and added chopped swiss chard and cooked it until wilted. I added roasted potatoes then mixed in the sauce. Very good. In the second one I fried onions, then added green beans and fried them then added quinoa and sauce. Also very good.

MISO SAUCE
110ml/4 oz silken tofu (I used firm tofu and crumbled it)
2 tbsp light miso
1 tbsp rice vinegar or ½ tbsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp spring onions, chopped 2 tsp ginger root, grated
80ml/5 generous tbsp orange juice
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp brown sugar or agave syrup
1 tsp sesame oil

Method:

1. Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and purée until smooth. It will keep in a screw-top jar in fridge for about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment