- 3 cups cauliflower (steam it)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup soaked raw cashews
- 1 cup almond milk (plain unsweetened)
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 medium onion (diced or sliced)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- lots of fresh black pepper
Fill medium sized pot with water, bring to boil.
1. Steam cauliflower and set aside.
2. Saute onion and oil until onion is caramelized, soft/brown (7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally). Add minced garlic and cook another 1 minute.
3. Lower heat and add broth, applesauce, and vinegar. Stir well to combine and cook until reduced (about 3 minutes). Turn off heat and set aside.
4. Drain soaked cashews and put in blender or food processor. Add the nutritional yeast, almond milk, salt, water and cauliflower. Add the garlic/onion reduction last so it has cooled at least 5 minutes. Blend until smooth and creamy.
5. Cook noodles according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain and add sauce from blender. Serve immediately