Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fried Green Tomatoes with Peanut Sauce

I liked the movie so I thought I would try the dish. Very easy to make and very good. I need to get some more tomatoes because I want more.

3/4 cup of crumbs, I used gluten free bread crumbs, panko would work too or just plain bread crumbs
3 firm green tomatoes, cut into slices
3 tbsp oil (I use coconut oil)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tbsp creamy almond butter
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp sugar (I use agave)
1/8 tsp cayenne
Dip the tomato slices in the crumbs, turning to coat.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the tomato slices. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, turning once, until crisp on both sides, about 8 minutes total.
In a small saucepan, combine the almond butter, soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar, and cayenne, stirring to dissolve the sugar and warm the sauce. Drizzle the sauce over the tomato slices and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment