Friday, April 16, 2010

Cuban-Style Roasted Sweet Potatoes

3 large yams, peeled and quartered
4 tbsp olive oil
Fine sea salt
Freshly grounded black pepper
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
11/2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley

Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.

Place the yams in a medium bowl, toss with 2 tbsp of the oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet, and roast until they can be pierced easily with a knife but still offer some resistance, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes or so.

Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl, and toss with the garlic, lime juice, parsley, and remaining 2 tbsp of oil Adjust the seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline! I recognize this recipe ... it is one of my favorites from TKD!! :) I'm glad I stumbled across your blog, I will definitely be trying some of the recipes.
    ~VL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy vegan recipe books and search on line for recipes I think I will like. Try them and if they are good then I post them on my blog. So every recipe on my blog is "caroline" approved. I love TKD book. It changed my eating habits and opened a whole new world of tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, it changed my life! Corny but true. :)) I'm going to the LA Times Book Festival next Saturday so I can see Alicia Silverstone ... she'll be talking about her book! I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete