Sunday, April 18, 2010

Strawberries and cream

WOW WOW WOW...I know I say that a lot but WOW. The cream is made of cashews (a great source for protein). It is so sweet and HEALTHY. Let me know what you think!!!


The Cream:
1 1/2 cups of raw cashews
Water for soaking nuts
1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
2 tbsp maple syrup
A few drops of almond extract

INSTRUCTIONS: Put nuts in a container filled with enough water to cover; let soak for at least 2 hours. Drain. Place nuts in a blender; add orange juice, maple syrup and, if you wish, a few drops of almond extract. Blend, scraping down sides of blender jar with a rubber scraper to help cream turn over. Stop and check for sweetness and consistency; add more water if cream is still too stiff. Continue blending until fluffy and smooth. Use immediately. Yields 1 1/2 cups.

1 comment:

  1. So it was good? I love sweets so I will be trying this one!

    ReplyDelete