Absolutely Amazing. From the website 'it doesn't taste like chicken'
A very dangerous - I will end up eating it all - recipe
- ¼ Cup Raw Cashews
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- 2 Tablespoons + 2 teaspoons Tapioca Starch (also known as Tapioca Flour)
- 1 Tablespoon of Nutritional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice or Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder (I used 1/2 garlic clove, minced)
- Soak the cashews for four hours or overnight. Drain before using.
- Add the cashews the hot water, and all the remaining ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth. It will be very watery.
- Pour into a small sauce pan and heat over medium high heat, while stirring.
- As you stir it will start forming clumps, and then all of a sudden it will become a cheesy gooey mass of yumminess. This takes about 5 minutes. Continue to cook and stir for an additional 2 minutes to make sure it has firmed up completely.
- Use for anything you like! Scoop up with tortilla chips, dollop onto pizza before baking, make a grilled cheese sandwich, or whatever your hearts desire. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.