- 5-6 cups Mixed Greens
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup cooked black beans (seasoned with equal pinches sea salt, cumin, chili + garlic powder)
- 1 orange, segmented
- 1/2 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 3 Tbsp orange juice
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- Healthy pinch each sea salt and black pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced cilantro
- 3-4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Begin preparing quinoa first by thoroughly rinsing 1/2 cup quinoa in a fine mesh strainer, then bringing to a boil with 1 cup water in a small saucepan. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook on low for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare salad ingredients by chopping vegetables, segmenting orange, and warming black beans, corn and seasoning with salt, cumin, chili and garlic powder.
- Prepare dressing by adding all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blending until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed
- Toss salad with dressing before serving.