Sunday, March 15, 2015

Zucchini Fritters

Oh my another great recipe. I found this one on line www.chefinyou.com
They are so easy to put together and unlike some recipes they don't fall apart.
I served with chili veganaise. Mmmmm

  • 2 small-medium Zucchini, about 2 cups tightly packed
  • 1/4 cup grated Carrot
  • 1/2 cup (1 small potato) boiled and mashed Potato
  • 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (I used rice flour)
  • 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/4 tsp dried Thyme (optional)
  • Salt and Pepper to taste

  • Grate the zucchini and toss with 1 tsp salt. Put in a colander and set aside for 30 minutes. Squeeze out excess water. I wrapped it in a tea towel.
    Add the zucchini to the grated carrot, mashed potato and dried thyme.  Taste and add salt if needed.
    Mix the flour and baking powder. Add to the zucchini mixture. Mix until well combined.
    Form into patties and fry for about 5 minutes per side or until golden brown.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment