Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My very first SALSA


I have never made Salsa before because there are so many good and fresh salsa's available. BUT today I thought I would give it a try. It's easy. VERY easy and looks so good. I can't believe how one little, tiny, baby pepper can give this recipe such a kick! I love it.

Fresh Tomato Salsa
5 ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 serrano chile ( I don't know what kind I used, it was dried. I got it from my asain friend)
1/4 cup chopped red onion (I used yellow because that what I have in the house)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp salt
In a glass bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Cover and let the flavours combine for at least 30 minutes or refrigerate until ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment