Tuesday, June 8, 2010

OH HAPPY FETTUCCINE!!!!


I can't really describe the flavour, it is very very good. A mixture of pumpkin seeds, maple syrup and shoyu....spinach (my favourite) this is a WOW recipe.
Serves ONE, double it for TWO, triple it for THREE hee hee :)
Fettuccine for one (I use brown rice fettuccine in my ever attempt to cut gluten out of my diet)
1/3 cup of pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp oil
2 large handfuls of spinach, torn
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp shoyu
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup dried cranberries (I used dried cherries just because that is what I had, next time I don't think I will add any fruit)
2 fresh thyme sprigs (optional) ( I didn't use because I didn't have any and I forgot to add dried, I will add next time)
Bring a pot of salted water to boil and add the pasta. While pasta is cooking, pulse the pumpkin seeds until chopped fairly fine, then set aside.

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the spinach. Use tongs to coat the spinach in the hot oil. Add the red pepper flakes, shoyu, and maple syrup, and then the thyme. Toss in the cranberries and mix everything well. Turn the heat to low.

Once the pasta is done, drain it and add it to the skillet. Add the chopped pumpkin seeds and toss well until everything is coated. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment