Saturday, June 26, 2010

Today Is DIP DAY

After starting my day off with a healthy breakfast of steel cut oats, barley flakes, buckwheat mixed with apple, cinnamon and of course my favourite protein Hemp Hearts, I decided to have dips for the rest of my meals.
For lunch I had hummus. Chickpeas have 11g of protein per cup!!! I made my other favourite dip Mushroom Pate. It is so rich and one of the best things I have eaten (find the recipe in my past posts). Then for dinner I had spinach-tahini dip (it's kind of like gomai) and served it with Chickpea & Rosemary bread.


CREAMY SPINACH-TAHINI
1 (10oz) package fresh baby spinach (I used lots of spinach)
2 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup tahini
Juice of 1 lemon (always use fresh lemon juice!!!)
Ground cayenne
2 tsps toasted sesame seeds, for garnish (I forgot to add these)

Lightly steam the spinach until wilted, about 3 minutes. Squeeze dry and set aside.
In a food processor, process the garlic and salt until finely chopped. Add the steamed spinach, tahini, lemon juice, and cayenne to taste. Process until well blended and taste. Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.

CHICKPEA & ROSEMARY BREAD
1 cup water
1 cup chickpea flour
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
Freshly ground black pepper

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the water and the chickpea flour until the mixture is very smooth. Add the oil, salt, and rosemary and mix until smooth and well blended. Set aside at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly oil a 12-inch pizza pan or large oven proof skillet and heat in the oven until hot. Carefully remove the pan from the oven and pour the batter into the pan. Bake until the top is firm and the edges are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
To serve, sprinkle with pepper and cut into slices. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment