Thursday, November 11, 2010

Carrot Pudding, YES I said, Carrot Pudding

I got a whole bunch of organic carrots from one of my favourite people is this world (my co-worker who is the executive chef) so I need to come up with some creative ways to use them. This is really good and sweet.



CARROT PUDDING
3 medium-size carrots, grated
1/3 cup raisins
1 1/2 cups almond milk
few drops vanilla
1/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
3 tablespoons tapioca  (I used arrow root)

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, and cook over low
heat for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until the carrots are soft
and the liquid has mostly evaporated.
Transfer about half the mixture to a blender. Blend until smooth, and then
return the blended mixture to the pan, stirring it back into the unblended
half. Serve warm or chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment