Saturday, November 6, 2010

I feel GREAT! Good Morning Pancakes!!!

Saturday morning I'm up early and feeling fantastic, free, happy and ready to take on the world BUT I need to start with a warm satisfying breakfast. I made Spiced Apple Pancakes and the house smells so good. They are great, the apple topping is TOPS.

Spiced Apple Pancakes
3 tbsp earth balance
3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into slices (I used Gala because I'm a gal ha ha)
4 tbsp sugar (I used agave syrup)
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice (always!! fresh)
1 1/2 tsps ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp all spice (I didn't have)
1/4 maple syrup
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (I used organic oat flour)
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (I used more because I'm from dutch heritage)
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups almond milk
oil for frying

In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp of the earth balance over medium heat. Add the apples, 2 tbsp of the sugar, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp of the cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp of the allspice. Cook, stirring, to soften the apples. Add the maple syrup and keep warm over low heat.
In a bowl, combine the four, the remaining 2 tbsp sugar, baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp allspice, nutmeg and salt.
Combine the milk and 2 tbsp melted earth balance. Blend until smooth. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and blend.
Heat a a thin layer of oil over medium high heat in a skillet. Pour in about 1/4 cup  of batter. Cook until small bubbles appear on the top, about 3 minutes. Flip the pancake and cook until the second side is browned.
Serve topped with the apple mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment